*Admissions for the Fall 2020 cohort close on July 1st, 2020. Any applications submitted after this date will be considered for Spring or Fall 2021.
Given the ongoing challenges for students to access physical and virtual standardized testing options, the MPH program at UNC Charlotte has elected to suspend the GRE requirement for 2021 applicants. International students whose native language is not English will still be asked to submit either TOEFL or IELTS scores as part of their application.*
In addition to general requirements for master's students at UNC Charlotte , applicants to the MPH program should have:
- [Suspended for 2021 applicants.] Acceptable scores on both the verbal and quantitative portions of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores from the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) may be substituted for the GRE. Individuals who have two or more years of full-time public health work experience may contact the program director to request a GRE waiver.
- Undergraduate major or coursework that prepares students for graduate work.
- Submission of official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), if English is not the applicant's native language and he or she has not earned a post-secondary degree from a U.S. institution. Required is either a minimum score of 557 on the paper-based TOEFL, a minimum score of 220 on the computer based TOEFL, a minimum score of 83 on the Internet based TOEFL, or a minimum total score of 6.5 on the IELTS. Applicants from certain countries are exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
- Foreign-trained physicians who have successfully passed the US MLE (Medical Licensing Exam) including Steps 1, 2 and 2 CS, may, with appropriate documentation, be waived from GRE and TOFEL.
Want to hear about what makes an application competitive ? This 13 minute video will help to answer your application questions!
- For Fall admissions - January 15th
- For Spring admissions - November 1st
To be considered for university scholarships and grants, applications should be submitted by the preferred deadline. Applications received after this time and prior to the university application deadline will be periodically reviewed, subject to space limitations.
April 15th is the deadline for admitted students to submit their intention to enroll for the Fall semester. UNC Charlotte does not require a deposit or payment at that time and there is no penalty if you change your mind later. However, offers of funding from the University must be accepted no later than April 15th. Intent to enroll can be submitted in the mygradschool.uncc.edu application portal.
Admission information, application forms and materials can be found in The University Catalog.
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte NC 28223-0001