In addition to general requirements for master's students at UNC Charlotte , applicants to the MPH program should have:
- Acceptable scores on both the verbal and quantitative portions of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores from the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) may be substituted for the GRE.
- Undergraduate major or coursework that prepares students for graduate work.
- Submission of official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), if English is not the applicant's native language and he or she has not earned a post-secondary degree from a U.S. institution. Required is either a minimum score of 557 on the paper-based TOEFL, a minimum score of 220 on the computer based TOEFL, a minimum score of 83 on the Internet based TOEFL, a minimum score of 78 percent on the MELAB, or a minimum total score of 6.5 on the IELTS. Applicants from certain countries are exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
- Foreign-trained physicians who have successfully passed the US MLE (Medical Licensing Exam) including Steps 1, 2 and 2 CS, may, with appropriate documentation, be waived from GRE and TOFEL.
“My internship at Cabarrus Health Alliance in Kannapolis, North Carolina gave me the opportunity to transfer everything I learned in the classroom to a professional, public health setting. I built connections during my internship that have helped me kick start my career as a public health professional. My preceptor also became my mentor. I will be working as a full-time Program Coordinator at Cabarrus Health Alliance. I was able to secure this job as a direct result of my internship.”
- Asma Warrich, MPH Class of 2017
September 15 for Spring Semester. Applications received after this time and prior to the university application deadline (October 1) will be periodically reviewed, subject to space limitations.
April 1, for 1st and 2nd Summer Sessions.
February 15 for Fall Semester. To be considered for graduate assistantships, applications should be submitted by (February 15). Applications received after this time and prior to the university application deadline (May 1) will be periodically reviewed, subject to space limitations.
Please note: The MPH curriculum is optimally sequenced for full-time study which begins with the Fall Semester. Part-time applicants and those entering with advanced standing/prior graduate coursework may choose to begin in either the Fall or the Spring. Those interested in pursuing a fulltime course of study are expected to apply for Fall admission.
Admission information, application forms and materials can be found in The University Catalog.
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte NC 28223-0001