Exceptional undergraduate students at UNC Charlotte may apply to this Early Entry Program to begin work toward a graduate degree before completion of the baccalaureate degree.
- Completion of at least 75 undergraduate credit hours (although it is expected that close to 90 credit hours will have been earned by the time the first graduate course is taken)
- Minimum 3.5 overall undergraduate GPA
- Submit application online at mygradschool.uncc.edu and provide supporting documents
- Recommendation by the Graduate Program Director and approved by The Graduate School
Note: the GRE is NOT required of Early Entry applicants to the Health Administration program. Instead, applicants must meet with the Graduate Program Director prior to submitting an application. Applicants must submit all other elements of a standard graduate application to the program.
Continued Enrollment Requirements
- Completion of Early Entry Program Form, and approved by the Undergraduate Coordinator, Graduate Program Director, and Graduate School, prior to registering for graduate coursework each semester
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Undergraduate students are allowed to take only 15 hours of graduate credit before they have completed their baccalaureate degree
This Early Entry Program is also accelerated; up to 12 credit hours earned at the graduate level may be substituted for required undergraduate hours. In other words, up to 12 credit hours of graduate coursework may be “double counted” toward both the undergraduate and graduate degrees. Students may leave the program with their baccalaureate degree, or they may complete the remaining coursework required to earn the MHA. Students pursuing the Early Entry option can reduce the time needed to earn both degrees by one semester.
While admission is open to students pursuing any undergraduate major, students from health/health administration-related majors are this program’s focus. Interested students should consult with the MPH Graduate Program Director about their eligibility and competitiveness for this program before applying.
For additional details on Early Entry to Graduate Programs, see the “Degree Requirements and Academic Policies” section of the Graduate Catalog and the Graduate Admissions website at gradadmissions.uncc.edu/admissions/early-entry.