PHS Department Retreat 2016
Department of Public Health Sciences
Mission: To develop leaders in practice and research who advance the public's health.
Vision: Healthy People. Healthy Places. Healthy Communities.
Values: Collaboration, community engagement, diversity, innovation, professionalism, health equity, social justice.
Public Health Programs
Mission: The Public Health Programs at UNC Charlotte produce practitioner-scholars and leaders prepared to promote and improve human health across the lifespan; to support the optimal organization and management of healthcare locally, nationally, and internationally; and to deliver efficient, effective, and accessible high quality health services, particularly to vulnerable populations.
- Goal 1 (instructional): Develop student competence in the core areas of public health, providing them with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to become effective practitioners and researchers.
- Goal 2 (research): Engage students in the development and translation of new knowledge to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of public health services and contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of public health practice.
- Goal 3 (service): Promote collaborations with community partners and stakeholders to advance the public’s health and foster participation in local, regional, national, and international organizations that advance the public health profession.
- Goal 4 (diversity): Address the health and public health workforce needs of a dynamic, emerging urban environment and its increasingly diverse population.
Information about individual degree programs is provided through links provided below.
Master of Health Administration
- Goal 1: Provide qualified and motivated students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities that enable them to become health service administrators or policy analysts.
- Goal 2: Contribute to the body of knowledge related to health care management, improvement of the delivery of health services, and the development, implementation and evaluation of health policy.
- Goal 3: Provide assistance and advice that contributes to improvement in the effficiency and effectiveness of practitioners in the field, and the practice of health service administration in prganizations and health related institutions.